Privacy Statement - Flexfurn
The website www.flexfurn.com (hereinafter referred to as: the “Website”) is offered by:
Full company name (hereinafter referred to as “FLEXFURN”, “We” and “Us”)
Essenschotstraat (H) 6210
Phone: + 32 (0) 13 67 62 11
Don't hesitate to contact us if you have privacy-related questions. We promise to provide an answer as soon as possible!
1. Why this privacy statement?
Every person who visits the Website (hereinafter referred to as “Visitor”) and anyone who uses our services (hereinafter referred to as “Customer”), almost inevitably discloses certain personal data. These personal data constitute information that allow us to identify you as a natural person, regardless of whether we effectively do. You are identifiable as soon as it is possible to create a direct or indirect connection between one or more personal data and you as a natural person. The Visitor and the Customer are hereinafter also jointly referred to as the “Data subject”.
We use and process your personal data in accordance with the GDPR and other relevant statutory provisions. Any referral in this Privacy statement to the GDPR is a referral to the Regulation of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation).
This Privacy statement informs every Data subject of the processing activities that FLEXFURN may carry out with his or her personal data. FLEXFURN reserves the right to adapt this Privacy statement at all times. Every substantial change shall be clearly notified to the Data subject. We advise the Data subject to regularly check this document.
2. Who processes your personal data?
2.1. Data controller
FLEXFURN determines, either alone or in cooperation with others, which personal data will be collected, as well as the purpose and the means for the processing of these personal data. Therefore, FLEXFURN is a “data controller” within the meaning of the GDPR.
FLEXFURN has taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal data of its Visitors and Customers. FLEXFURN uses various adequate security technologies and -procedures to protect your personal data against unauthorised access, use or disclosure. FLEXFURN ensures that the supplied personal data are stored securely in a controlled environment.
FLEXFURN works with meticulously selected “data processors” for the processing of the personal data of Visitors and Customers. A processor is a natural person or legal entity who processes personal data at the request of or on behalf of the data controller. The processor is obliged to guarantee the security and confidentiality of the personal data. The processor always acts in accordance with the data controller's instructions.
FLEXFURN works with the following categories of « processors »:
- Companies we contracted for marketing purposes;
- Companies we contracted for ICT technical support and hosting purposes;
- Companies we contracted for administrative purposes (e.g. CRM system);
- Companies we contracted for communication purposes;
- Companies we contracted for logistics purposes (e.g. order picking, delivery, etc.);
- Companies we contracted for analytical purposes;
- Companies we contracted for payment purposes.
With a view to an optimum protection of the personal data of the Data subjects, FLEXFURN has made the necessary contractual agreements with the aforementioned data processors to ensure they apply the same high standards as FLEXFURN.
A transfer of personal data to a processor outside the European Economic Area (EEA) can only take place to countries that have been determined by the Data Protection Authority in Belgium to offer the same adequate level of protection or, if this is not the case, to the extent that FLEXFURN has made the necessary contractual agreements with this processor, taking into account the standard provisions as laid down by the Data Protection Authority in Belgium.
3. On what legal basis are your personal data processed?In accordance with the GDPR, we process personal data based on the following legal grounds:
- Based on the execution of the agreement as agreed with the customer, or the exercise of precontractual steps taken at the Data subject's request; or
- Based on the compliance with legal or regulatory provisions, relating to the management of the contractual customer relationship, in particular the invoicing;
- Based on our legitimate interest to answer information requests of Visitors and Customers;
- Based on our legitimate interest to send promotional offers (direct marketing) to our customers;
- Based on the explicit permission to send promotional offers (direct marketing) to Visitors.
4. Which personal data are processed?
FLEXFURN undertakes to only collect and process personal data that are relevant and necessary for the purposes for which they are processed.
How much and which personal data FLEXFURN collects about you, depends on your use of the Website and/or our services. The collection of personal data is further extended as more intensive use is made of our Website and our online services. In general, Customers will disclose more personal data than Visitors. Specifically, we process the following categories of personal data:
- Identification data (surname, name, address, login data, VAT number);
- Contact data (phone number and email address);
- Financial identification data (bank data);
These personal data are collected when the Customer places an order via our Website. Other personal data can be collected at a later time, for example as part of our after sales.
- Contact data (phone number and email address);
- Electronic identification data (cookies, IP address);
These personal data are collected when you visit our Website and in particular when you enter and send our contact form.
5. For which purposes are your personal data used?
The processing of your personal data is essential for the efficient operation of the Website and the related services. The collection of personal data is further extended as the Data subject makes more intensive use of our Website and our online services.
Processing is only performed for the following particular purposes:
- Customer management: customer administration, order management, deliveries, invoicing, checking the creditworthiness, support and complaint monitoring.
- Personalised marketing and advertising. In that case, the Customer has the right to unsubscribe at any time.
Answering information requests via the contact form on the Website;
- Personalised marketing and advertising if the Visitor expressly consented to this. In that case the Visitor is free at all times to withdraw his or her consent.
The Data subject's personal data can also be used for the following purposes:
- Management of disputes.
- Protection against fraud and violations.
During a visit to the Website, some data is collected for statistical purposes. These data are necessary to optimise the use of our Website. These data are: presumable place of consultation, time and day of consultation, which pages were visited, etc. To offer optimal protection of your privacy, these data are always rendered anonymous.
Under no circumstance do we collect sensitive personal data, such as data about your race, political opinions, health, religious and other convictions, sexual orientation etc.
The Data subject always provides the personal data to FLEXFURN himself/herself and is thus able to exercise a certain degree of control. FLEXFURN reserves the right to suspend or cancel certain operations if the required personal data are lacking, are incorrect or incomplete.
6. Who receives your personal data?
Your personal data are only processed for internal usage within FLEXFURN. Your personal data shall not be sold, transferred or communicated to third parties, unless you have given us your explicit prior consent or if the transfer is necessary for the performance of the agreement or is required by law.
7. How long do we keep your personal data?
Your personal data are kept for as long as necessary to achieve the specified objectives. They will be removed from our database when they are no longer needed for these objectives or if the Data subject validly exercises the right to remove the personal data.
8. What are your rights?
8.1 Guarantee a legitimate and safe processing of the personal data
Your personal data are always processed for legitimate purposes, as specified in article 5.
They are collected and processed in a suitable, relevant and proportional way, and are not kept any longer than necessary to achieve the specified objectives.
8.2 Right of inspection
If you can prove your identity, you acquire the right to obtain information about the processing of your personal data. You therefore have the right to check the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data, the categories of recipients to which the personal data are sent, the criteria that determine the period of data retention and the rights that you can exercise with regard to your personal data.
8.3 Right to correct personal information
Inaccurate or incomplete information can be corrected. It is first and foremost the User's responsibility to make the necessary adjustments to his or her "User Profile". You can also address us with a request for change.
8.4 Right of deletion of your personal data
You also have the right to delete your personal data in the following cases:
- Your personal data are no longer needed for the intended purpose;
- You revoke your consent for the processing of your personal data and there is no other legal basis for the processing of your personal data;
- You have legitimately objected to the processing of your personal data;
- Your personal data are unlawfully processed;
- Your personal data need to be removed based on a legal obligation.
The removal of personal data is chiefly related to visibility; it is possible that the removed personal data will be temporarily stored.
8.5 Right to restriction of the processing
In some cases you have the right to request restrictions on the processing of your personal data. This certainly applies in the event of a dispute regarding the accuracy of personal data, if the personal data are necessary for the purposes of legal proceedings or for the time necessary for FLEXFURN to establish that you can validly exercise your right of deletion.
8.6 Right to object
You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for 'direct marketing' purposes, profiling purposes or purposes arising from the legitimate interests of the data controller. FLEXFURN shall stop processing your personal data unless FLEXFURN can demonstrate that there are compelling legal reasons to process your personal data that prevail over your right to object.
8.7 Right to data portability
You have the right to obtain provided personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. In addition, you have the right to transfer these personal data to another data controller, unless this is technically impossible.
8.8 Right to withdraw your consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent at all times, for example when you gave your consent as a Visitor for direct marketing purposes.
9. How can you exercise your rights?
If you wish to exercise your rights, you must send a written request and proof of identity by registered mail to FLEXFURN, Essenschotstraat 6210, Industriezone Ravenshout, 3980 Tessenderlo or by email to email@example.com. We will answer as soon as possible, at the latest one (1) month after receiving your request.
10. Possibility to submit a complaint
If you have any comments or complaints about the way in which we handle your personal data, please report them to us first. In this way we can reach an amicable solution in mutual consultation.
If you, after this notification, are still not satisfied about the processing of your personal data by FLEXFURN, you have the right to submit a complaint to the authorised supervisory authority (For Belgium: https://www.dataprotectionauthority.be/).